Tuesday, September 14, 2010

THE PAINTING THAT WAS NEVER FINISHED

At some point in 2009 I pursued the largest painting I have tried to date. The painting was an 8 by 6ft. painting titled "Death To Bad Music" and consisted of the famous Grateful Dead bears being killed by me in Grateful Dead Land. I spent about 180 hours working on the piece and then had to move on to something else for a month. When I came back a month later I sadly found out that somebody, who was obviously very upset at my portrayal of the beloved Grateful Dead bears, had decided to ruin the painting with graffiti. Needless to say, due to the damage, I never finished the painting that was 3/4 of the way done. All that is left are these 2 crappy photo booth images of me standing in front of painting before it was ruined.

R.I.P. giant "Death To Bad Music" painting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

even though i love the dead, i love the concept of this piece and its awesome. i'm sorry someone ruined it, thats awful.