Wednesday, October 20, 2010

THE KILLING MOON: 13 SPOOKTACULAR POEMS FOR HALLOWEEN

I have always loved Halloween and am influenced by so many other artists, movies, and books that I wanted to put out a book I would've loved as a kid. Last Halloween I did a series of strange illustrations (all 9 x 12 in.) and poems for a childrens book idea I had called "The Killing Moon". A bunch of things fell through and I wasn't happy with some of the more rushed illustrations and poems so I never had it published. A year later I finally have a reason (Halloween) to put them up for everybody to see. Every remaining day of October I will put up 1 illustration and poem. My style has changed quite a bit since and there are a lot of things I would do differently. Some day I would like to redo quite a few of these paintings and poems and put 31 of them together for a childrens book but until then, here are the original illustrations. All illustrations and poems are done by me so please check back everyday of October to see and read them all! Comments welcome!

This is the original cover of the book. I was going to do the title and other written words digitally but never bothered due to problems I had with my own illustrations.

No comments: